I don't want a fucking blogwritten • updated • read time: approx. 1min
so i just re-discovered haml and i really want to use it because writing raw html is abysmal and makes me want to die
but for some reason no one wants to support it
- there's something called middleman that seems to be abandoned and doesn't really support it
- i don't really need templating, just the ability to quickly skip all the bs
- haml has a built-in compiler but it only does one file at a time iirc
and most importantly
- every single static site generator nowadays is meant for blogs
perhaps it's always been that way. every day i curse the grip wordpress has had on web development. but i just want to make a stupid lil web maze. i Do Not Want A Blog.
so. i think i've found the right thing for me? enter zola. it has markdown and templating but is more freeform than a simple CMS.
- stuff i like:
- rust my beloved
- simple af
- static pages
- reminds me of jinja2 templating
- stuff i don't like:
- markdown isn't my favorite anymore. i am an orgmode boi.
- iunno lol